NEP Canada ULC has implemented an electronic invoicing solution to improve operational efficiencies with our vendors and cost effectiveness throughout our organization. Our new e-invoicing system is powered by Cortex Business Solutions.
We encourage our vendors to become members of the Cortex Trading Partner Network (CTPN). As a member, you will have the capabilities to connect electronically to us, additional buying organizations and 8,500+ trading partners who are already transacting on the Network. It’s a smart way to get paid faster!
Added Benefits for Cortex Members
- Quickly and securely transfer business documents electronically to your buyers
- Reduce high costs associated with traditional accounting business processes
- Access a single integration for multi-format invoicing
- No disruptions to invoice submission due to postage handling
- Use a new simplified sign-up process directly from the Cortex website
- Ability to create a company profile, so you are easily found and identifiable in the Network. NEP Canada encourages vendors to complete their profiles.
- Online sign up at: https://portal.cortex.net/Register
Success on the Cortex Trading Partner Network
Since the start of our e-invoicing project in August 2013, over 300 NEP Canada vendors have registered to the Cortex Trading Partner Network and are sending invoices to us electronically. All are experiencing the benefits of having visibility to their invoice status after submission and are getting paid on time.
Billing & Invoicing Instructions
For invoices submitted through Cortex, our standard payment terms are net 30 days. Invoices that are not submitted using Cortex (i.e. email, fax, or paper) will be paid 60 to 90 days after receipt.
Invoices submitted via Cortex are eligible for payment within 10 days of receipt, for a negotiated discount. To qualify for 10 day payment, you must select the appropriate payment code (e.g. 2.0% net 10 cash discount) in the Payment Terms area of your Cortex invoice form.
For the specific details required to submit invoices, please see the NEP Canada ULC Supplier Quick Reference available from the Trading Partner Resources sections on help.cortex.net Invoices submitted without the required information may be delayed and/or rejected.
We continue to work hard to provide additional benefits to our vendors as we automate our processes to allow quicker payment on invoices and increased communication.
Changes to Vendor Information
Address Changes: Please send a signed letter on company letterhead notifying NEP Canada of your current/correct remit-to address.
Please mail to:
NEP Canada ULC
#1700, 250 - 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3H7
If you have questions regarding our e-invoicing initiative or any other vendor inquiries, please refer to:
NEP Canada ULC Who to Contact?
Cortex Business Solutions is an e-Procurement company that improves efficiencies, reduces costs and streamlines procurement and supply chain processes for its customer
The Cortex Trading Partner Network enhances the exchange of business-critical documents, such as purchase orders, receipts and invoices, resulting in improved cash flow management and business controls while reducing days outstanding and administrative costs.
- Offices in Houston, TX, Denver, CO and Calgary, AB
- Over 8,500 Oil and Gas vendors currently on the Cortex Network
- Full training and on-going support to all NEP Canada vendors
For more information or to register, please contact Cortex